Warning over delays as lanes will be shut at Chesterfield roundabout
Work will begin on Monday to install a £300,000 sculpture on Hornsbridge roundabout.
Equipment will have to be brought on to the site, causing the following disruption on the day:
• The inner lane of the roundabout will be coned off
• The A61 bypass will have the southbound approach outside lane closed
• The A617 bypass will have the westbound approach outside lane closed
• A61 Derby Road will have the northbound approach outside lane closed
• Lordsmill Street will have the southbound approach outside lane closed
• The traffic lights will be switched off
Councillor John Burrows, Chesterfield Borough Council’s leader and executive member for regeneration, said: “It is exciting that we are now beginning the work on transforming Hornsbridge but disappointing that this will affect road users – please plan your journey ahead and allow some extra time, particularly during busy periods.”
The sculpture, by local artist Melanie Jackson, features a wheel to symbolise the town’s strong industrial heritage.
The project has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Barratt Homes.