All rosy for North Notts Hockey Club after victory Corby victory

THINGS are looking very rosy at Manor Park ahead of this weekend’s table-topper clash against Boots after North Notts Hockey Club saw off Corby 3-0 last Saturday.

North Notts went into this fixture on the back of two solid wins against Loughborough teams and also looking for revenge for the points dropped at Corby in the 1-1 previous encounter.

Corby had also started the 2nd half of the season well and last weeks 0-0 against league leaders Nottingham game manager Faulkner much to ponder before the game.

Notts welcomed back Joshua Singleton for the game and game and also gave home debuts to Ian Lowery in goal and Adam Moss, both players coming across from local rivals Mansfield in the Christmas transfer window.

Notts started the game at a frantic pace with the Butlers looking sprightly upfront after there recent goal scoring exploits.

As expected Corby sat back and played the waiting game looking to hit Notts on the break.

Notts produced a few half chances early on but Corby seemed happy to sit back and try to frustrate the Notts forwards.

However, Notts were aware that Corby had only travelled with 11 players so, with no substitutions available, they were always going to run out of steam, chasing the flying Notts midfield and forward lines.

Corby did create a chance in the first half, but goalkeeper Lowery was equal to it making a fine reflex save from point blank range.

Half time saw the teams evenly braced at 0-0, but in the previous weeks Notts have learned not to panic and have become more self assured of their abilities.

This was reiterated by the Notts Manager in the team talk and the team responded superbly in the second half.

As the game started a Matt Cooper aerial pass had Corby flapping immediately and Jarvis latched on to create a half chance for Fowler.

The first decisive moment came 10 minutes in when a tremendous pass found its way into the D and was deflected home by Allen Butler.

Unfortunately for Notts the deflection was adjudged to have come from a Corby defenders stick ruling out the goal.

This proved only to spur Notts on and five minutes later a fortuitous coming together of the Corby goalkeeper and Notts forward Allen Butler resulted in a penalty awarded to Notts.

William Butler coolly stepped up to dispatch the penalty to relive the pressure on Notts and leave Corby having to chase the game.

As Corby began to apply slightly more pressure on the Notts defence it was obvious this would not be their day.

Full backs Chutte and Jephson were totally dominant and ruthless in their desire to win the ball.

Corby did force the odd short corner, but again Lowery on his debut was equal to anything Corby could throw at them.

Notts’ second goal was again from a killer pass from midfield and it was home debutant Adam Moss who deftly deflected the ball home, leaving the Corby keeper in no man’s land.

Corbys indiscipline and fatigue then started show as they quickly lost two players for poor tackles, Notts also losing Kanalas for an innocuous challenge.

The wide players for Notts were now completely dominant, Fowler, Jarvis, Moss and Singleton all rotating and causing problems.

Notts’ final goal was a well-worked finish, leaving Barton with a trademark tap in from two yards right on the final whistle.