VIDEO: Rainworth MW woes continue after Tivdale defeat

Rainworth’s relegation struggles continued after they were beaten 2-1 at home to Tivdale.

Results of late have yielded few points, but performances against teams at the top of the table had given a glimmer of hope and optimism.

The acquisition in mid-week of Emeka Nwadike, a player of proven pedigree at the highest levels of non-league football from Evo-Stik Premier League club Stamford, was seen as a major coup by the management.

But he was subbed after just seven minutes after an aerial collision left him with a closed eye and bleeding nose and after lengthy treatment he was unable to continue.

This put Rainworth on the back foot and Tividale almost took the lead in the 20th minute when a knock down found Nigel Penney, but his shot flashed the wrong side of the upright.

Rainworth had started to defend deeper and in the 35th it almost cost them when Sam Rock just failed to turn his effort on target.

The final chance of the half fell to Tividale, but Downing’s header was well wide and the half ended with neither side able to break the deadlock.

The second half was barely two minutes old when Rainworth almost took the lead when Theo Brown’s well struck kick was gratefully tipped over the bar by Price at the expense of a corner.

Tividale continued to press and a fine flowing move in the 55th minute broke down when Chris Field completely miskicked the inviting cross.

With both sides having periods of dominance, Rainworth had opportunities with Craig Mitchell hitting a half chance well side and then Price just beat Sibenge in the race for Oliver Brock’s throughball.

Rainworth replaced injured Tommy Hannigan with Alex Haughton and shortly afterwards Sibenge’s goal bound shot was deflected for a corner.

The breakthrough came in the 83rd minute when, after a mazy run on the right, a cross found Roland Agbor with his back to goal and his cheeky back-heel found the far corner to give Tividale the lead.

Rainworth brought on Alex Kenlock for Brock as they threw everything at their search for an equaliser.

It was Tividale however who added to their score when a cross from the right found Downing and his headed effort just evade Jake Turner and crept into the goal in injury time.

There was still time for Rainworth to pull one back when Brown’s free-kick gave Price no chance as it flew into the top corner.

In truth Rainworth didn’t show enough in their opponents’ half to warrant the victory they sought, which wasn’t helped by the early injury to Nwadike.

RAINWORTH: Turner; Hannigan (Haughton); T. Brown: Freeman; White; Camm; Brock (Kenlock); Nwadike (Robinson); Loughran; Sibenge; Mitchell

Referee: Mr. Christopher Sewell

Man of match: Theo Brown.