Teversal crush Bilsthorpe to advance in Notts Senior Cup

editorial image

Teversal produced an emphatic performance to ensure that a spirited Bilsthorpe side didn’t produce a Notts Senior Cup shock.

Teversal, having made one of the best starts to a season for many years, ensured it was always going to be an uphill challenge for a Bilsthorpe side that is a level below and currently going through a rebuilding process under the guidance of Manager Dean Mitchell.

The pattern of the game was set in the opening ten minutes and Teversal took the lead in the seventh minute through Atkins after a good passing move.

Bilsthorpe went back at Teversal from the kick off and Hammond capitalised on some hesitant defending to lift an effort over the advancing Sheppard but also well wide of the goal.

Teversal response was to see another patient build up seeing a ball in behind the home defence by Moody releasing Cox who was denied by the home Keeper Hankey’s out stretched leg.

On the half hour mark confusion was caused when Williams’ throughball was going towards McCann who was offside. But the striker left the ball for Atkins to race clear and finish.

The assistant referee put her flag up and then dropped it once McCann wasn’t involved, but the Referee had blown so the effort was chalked off.

Three minutes later it was 2-0 when Atkins received a short pass from Carter before playing a well weighted pass that put Watson through on goal.

On 40 minutes it was 3-0 when Grozier intercepted a through ball to lay it back to Hankey to clear, but the home Keeper totally miskicked the ball that trickled over the line to make it 3-0.

A minute later it was 4-0 when Hankey scored.

Teversal managed to produce another passing move with Watson sending Atkins clear with the midfielder unselfishly laying the ball across the six yard box for Carter to finish on 55 minutes to make it 5-0.

A period of substitutions slowed the game down until the last 15 minutes when Carter made it 6-0 when he seized on a loose ball to produce a fierce drive from 12 yards that left Hankey with no chance as the smashed the effort into the back of the net.

Dave Cockerill had been introduced to play a part in the seventh and eighth goals.

The first of them on 79 minutes saw the ub roll an inch perfect throughball to McCann to cleverly round the advancing Hankey and tap home into the empty net.

Three minutes later the scoring was complete when Cockerill found follow sub Tittley’s run down the left flank to deliver a far post cross that Carter finished with aplomb to complete an impressive hat-trick.

The route takes the Carnarvon Street club into the second round, where they travel to face the winners of the Eastwood Community versus Beeston that takes place on Saturday 3rd October 2015. The second round tie is scheduled for Saturday 7th November 2015.

Next up for Teversal is a return to League action when Hull United visit Carnarvon Street on Tuesday 29th September 2015 with a 7:45pm kick off in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League.

Then on Saturday 3rd October 2015 Radcliffe Olympic are the visitors to Carnarvon Street in the FA Vase with the kick off at 3pm.