Ollerton’s good run ended by Thorne in Black Dragon North Division

Share this article

Ollerton’s good run of form came to an end as Thorne overcame them 2-1 in Black Dragon North Division.

The Walesby Lane outfit had only lost one league game in their last 10 whilst their recent form had see them named Team of the Month for February.

However, they failed to match this form on Saturday and were punished by a Thorne side that coul have been three goals clear in the first half.

Neil Sheppard gave Thorne an interval lead with Ricky Starbuck also missing a penalty.

A ball over the top of the defence found Palmer who managed to beat Taylor and tap into the empty net for 2-0. Sub Ashley Fleet pulled one back to no avail.

Despite a hard-working performance, Glapwell suffered a 1-0 home injury time defeat as Luke Hinsley hit a 93rd minute winner for fourth-placed Yorkshire Main.

The defeat was harsh on Glapwell who had worked hard to deny the visitors, who had a lot of possession in the second half.

Kinsley Boys secured maximum points, at bottom club DFS Welbeck, winning 4-2, Harrison and Stirland for Welbeck.

Phoenix donned their shooting boots destroying visitors FC05 Bilsthorpe 7-0.

After last week’s shattering defeat at Dronfield, Thoresby Colliery Welfare returned to winning ways in some style, sending Harworth Colliery Institute packing at Edwinstowe.

The home team won 4-1, goals for Jimmy Adcock, Danny House, Gavin King and Ricky Short.

A surprise defeat for Ollerton Town, they crashed to a 2-1 defeat at Thorne Colliery.

Ashley Fleet scored the Ollerton goal while Kyle Palmer and Neil Sheppard were the Thorne marksmen.

In Black Dragon South Division Bilborough Pelican went second with a 5-2 win at Southwell City, John Upton netted both the Southwell goals.

Pinxton are handily placed in fourth place, they visited Belper United and took the points, Jay Cooper scoring the only goal.

South Normanton lost 3-2 against Clifton in the Baris Challenge Cup semi-finals.

The other semi-finalists are Westella & Willerby, Dronfield Town and either Pinxton or Newark Town who were due to replay their quarter-final tie last night (Tuesday).