Five star Robinson as Teversal make history for new boss with amazing 11-3 win at Louth

New manager Paul Jenkinson saw his Teversal side unexpectedly produce a history-making 11-3 win at Louth Town on Saturday.

On a weekend when Jenkinson’s squad was ripped apart due to injury, work and family commitments, he must have been impressed with his new charges that featured a number of reserve players that stepped up to the mark .

This result was the highest win the Tevie Boys have had in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League and it was also Louth Town’s heaviest defeat in their history.

To say the game started at a lively pace would be an understatement when there were four goals scored in the first 12 minutes.

The visitors drew first blood, opening the scoring through Mark Robinson, who clinically finished off a passing move from defence on five minutes. But what followed didn’t give any signs on how the afternoon would unfold.

Louth’s response was to net a clinical finish two minutes later from Kennedy to level, when Flint beat the offside trap and then picked out the goal scorer to square matters.

On 10 minutes another ball over the top sent Flint through with Markell quick off his line to make an excellent save, but Kennedy was on hand to fire home to put the host in front.

However, before Louth could build on their lead they were pegged back. Teversal produced a patient passing move that must have seen 20 passes before Robinson had the time to fire a fierce strike that was deflected to wrong foot Maccallum as the scores were levelled on 12 minutes.

Teversal took control of the game and Dave Cockerill’s corner found Parkes at the far post, but he only managed to guide his effort just the wrong side of the post.

This was the prelude to Teversal turning their dominance into goals and on 22 minutes the visitors regained the lead.

Cockerill and Pursglove were instrumental in the build up with the latter laying the ball into Gregory, who thundered his effort from 18 yards past the stranded home keeper to regain the lead.

Louth again went in search of a leveller, but this time the visitors held firm and hit their host on the break to yield another goal on 28 minutes when Pursglove, Cockerill and Gregory combined to find Parkes on the over lapping run to hit a thunderous effort on the run and across the keeper to nestle the ball in at the far post to make it 4-2 to Tevie at the break.

Louth had a further disappointment before the break when Matt Kennedy gave the referee no option but to produce a red card on 34 minutes when he used inappropriate language to argue his point when he felt he should have been awarded a free kick from an heavy challenge by Lee.

The second half saw the Louth player-manager Daryl Clare bring his players out early for the second half, but it was the visitors who hit the ground running, scoring twice in the opening four minutes after the restart. The first came after only two minutes when another deflected effort meant that Maccallum was left aground as Gregory’s effort smashed into the net.

On 49 minutes it was 6-2 to the Tevie Boys when Cockerill and Robinson combined to find Pursglove to fire home and trigger a double substitution for the home side that saw a very unhappy manager leaving the park.

To rub salt into the wound two minutes later, another flowing Teversal move saw Danny Marshall, who was his manager’s replacement, score a spectacular own goal when an attempted clearance over his own crossbar flew into the top corner, which just about summed up Louth’s afternoon.

Teversal were now opening Louth up and could have increased their lead even more but some inventive efforts slowed the scoring down until the 64th minute when Dave Cockerill bagged a deserved goal for the manner he led the line with a superb curling effort that left Maccallum with no chance as the score was turned over to 8-2.

On 69 minutes Louth had the ball in the net at the end of a passing move, but Deeming was clearly offside and the effort chalked off by the referee’s whistle.

Teversal continued to play some good football and a strong run down the right flank by Parkes saw the full back crossing to Robinson, who fired home to complete his hat-trick and make it 9-2.

Parkes was instrumental in the build up with Cockerill that released Gregory who had the time and space to pick out Robinson, who passed the ball into the net to make it 10-2, four for the striker, and still eight minutes to play.

Again Louth had the ball in the net, but like the earlier effort, it was again deemed offside.

But again another quick passing move followed by a quality weighted through ball invited Robinson to run clear to clinically fire pass the advancing Maccallum to make it five for him and 11 for his team.

Credit must go to Louth who kept going and were rewarded when Jason Flint and James Deeming combined to create a late goal for Nat Walton, but this was stark consolation.

Teversal’s next game is on Saturday when they entertain Knaresborough Town in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Division One (3pm).

LOUTH TOWN: James Maccallum, Luke Nuel, Bobby McSpadde (Jonathan Walton 49), Alex Garner, Liam Robinson, Nick Manders, Jason Flint, Daryl Clare (Danny Marshall 49), Danny Stevens (Jack Potter 64), Matt Kennedy, James Deeming. Subs not used: Damien Socko.

TEVERSAL: Jason Markell, John Lee, Jacob Ashley, Jamie McAllister, Mark Parkes, Greg Tobin (Ryan Baldwin 60), Sean Gregory, Bradley Cox, Callum Pursglove, David Cockerill, Mark Robinson.

REFEREE – Paul Saunders of South Yorkshire. ATTENDANCE: 75