Clipstone maintain perfect start to Black Dragon Division North campaign

CLIPSTONE maintained their 100 per cent start to the season with a convincing 5-2 win over Phoenix in the Black Dragon Division North.

Goals from Bailey, Carter, Hunt, McCann and Vella made it three wins out of three.

Former Unibond side Glapwell fell to their first defeat in their new surroundings after they were comfortably beaten 4-1 at home to Thoresby.

A Panting hat-trick proved to be the catalyst for Thoresby’s impressive win at Hall Corner.

Honours were even between Hutton Cranswick and Ollerton Town.

The home side started the strongest, but it was Ollerton who took an early lead when Stephen Kirkham headed home a Keiran Whalin corner.

Aaron Draper had a glorious chance to double the lead on 25 minutes, but the striker squandered his chance with only the keeper to beat.

Within four minutes the hosts had levelled with Tom Stevenson firing past Ryan Murphy after the visitors failed to clear their lines from a corner.

Hutton Cranswick deservedly took the lead in the 40th minute when Luke Taylor was first to react to a long free-kick to finish from close range.

Ollerton’s skipper grabbed his brace shortly after the interval after firing home from 10 yards.

The rest of the affair was an even contest as Ollerton secured their first point of the new campaign.

It looks like it will be a hard season ahead for DFS Welbeck Welfare after they were battered 5-0 away at Bentley Colliery.

Brown, Dawson, Rhodes and a Sykes brace completed the emphatic scoreline.

FC 05 Bilsthorpe sit bottom of the table on zero points after they beaten 3-2 by Easington United.

G. Thurkettle’s brace at Low Farm proved to be the difference between the two sides.

It was honours even in the Black Dragon Division South clash between high-flying Southwell City and South Normanton.

The visitors got off to a flying start when City winger Ben Smith was adjudged to have fouled South Normanton striker Steven Connolly in the area in only the fourth minute of the match.

Adam Nicholls then gave young City keeper Nathan Burrows no chance from the spot.

On 10 minutes City boss Jonathan Simpson delivered a free-kick to the South Normanton far post and Grant Blackhurst came close with a firm header.

Two minutes later and City’s Mark Lewis unleashed a fierce shot which went narrowly wide.

Just after the half hour mark Steven Connolly spurned a golden opportunity to double South Normanton’s lead after heading wide.

City began to take the game to the visitors and again missed a chance to equalise when City defender James Spence could not capitalise on another Robbie Mawer cross.

But with 15 minutes remaining substitute Mark Ballard levelled the scores with a superb 20 yard strike into the top corner to earn a share of the spoils.