Clipstone crush Bilsthorpe in derby

THE top four sides in the Black Dragon North Division won again with leaders Clipstone Welfare romping to a 7-0 derby success at FC05 Bilsthorpe, Mark Carter and Anthony Rowland with a brace each.

The other scorers were Brett Watson, James McCann, and Michael Taylor.

Second placed Westalla and Willerby had to fight all the way for their three points, visitors Kiveton Park finally losing 2-1.

Third-placed Dronfield Townhad an emphatic 4-1 win over Thoresby Colliery Welfare.

The visitors prior to the game had only conceded nine goals in their previous 20 matches, but both John Doran and Andy Grange scored twice as the home team ran out 4-1 winners, a result that puts the home team very much in the promotion race and seriously dents Thoresby chances.

A goal either side of half-time saw Parkhouse come out on top 2-0 in a scrappy game at Glapwell on Bonanza day in front of one of the biggest crowds at Hall Corner for three years.

In the fourth and final game of the groundhop day and, ultimately, Parkhouse’s quality in the final third that was the key difference on the day.

The sides had already met twice this season and both games were close encounters and another close game was expected but this game was, perhaps, a little more one sided although there were positives for Glapwell to take.

Although Parkhouse started the game brighter it was Glapwell that had the first chance through Ben Carless but he fired wide from the edge of the area.

But the visitors could have struck first after a good move saw Ant Lynam play in Lee Clay who miscued his shot badly from the edge of the area.

However, just a minute later Clay made up for this as he put Parkhouse in front.

Lynam played a clever ball over to Michael Wain whose cushioned header fell perfectly for Clay who got a little lucky as his original shot was blocked by Jamie Davies with the rebound flying into the net off Clay who knew little about it.

It was a goal that they probably deserved but Glapwell could have gone into the break on level terms as Callum Green’s flick was only inches off Kye Martey with visiting keeper Jason Gough picking up the loose ball.

The second half began much the same as the first with Parkhouse looking livelier.

Jay Whalley then headed over for Glapwell who were only inches away from levelling on the hour when Kye Martey held off a defender before laying the ball off to Callum Green who fizzed a low effort just past the far post.

That was about as good as it got, though, for Glapwell as Parkhouse upped their game in search of a killer second goal which came on 72 minutes when Michael Wain got into the box and from an almost impossible angle smashed a bullet of a shot that flew past Davies.

Ollerton Town continued their improved form with a 2-1 away win at Harworth Colliery Institute.

The deadlock was broken in the 26th minute via the penalty spot. Hayden Zaccaria was tripped by Simon Ward and Terry Annable sent Mark Latham the wrong way.

After Nathan Brown hit the Harworth upright on 50 minutes, the home side were level two minutes later as Jordan Pickering fired home a Gareth Sides cross.

However, Ollerton came up with a 70th minjute winner as fine play by Ashley Fleet and Kyle Clarkson set up Lee Easom, who finished clinically.

On 80 minutes Easom danced past Latham but his shot hit the post.

Possession was equally shared in the last 10 minutes with defences generally in control.

Phoenix, with two goals in each half, got the better of bottom-of-the-table DFS Welbeck Welfare, 4-2, Heathfield and Stirland on target for DFS Welbeck Welfare.

Basford United extended their lead at the top of the Black Dragon South Division as they beat struggling Nottingham Police 4-1.

Second placed South Normanton’s match with AFC Hucknall was postponed as Hucknall could not raise a team while Southwell City won 4-0 at Nottingham United, thanks to Jon Upton, Robbie Mawer, Chris Jackson and an own goal.