HALF TIME: Ebbsfleet 0 Mansfield Town 2

GOALS from Matt Green and Gary Roberts had Mansfield Town in full charge of their away game at Ebbsfleet United this afternoon.

Stags began the game well and dominated for long spells without scoring.

But, just as United were beginning to come into the contest, Green bagged his 18th goal of the season.

Roberts then made it 2-0 with a fine low shot from outside the box on 38 minutes to underline the visitors’ general superiority.

Hutchinson almost gave Stags a lead after only 26 seconds, allowed room outside the box to whip in a low finish that passed narrowly wide of the left post.

Soon after Green got to the right by-line where he tried to pull a low ball back and saw the ball hit the hand of Lorraine as he slid in to block. But it was ball to hand and no penalty was given.

A great move between Roberts and Hutchinson saw Mambo make a great tackle on Roberts in the box as the home side creaked under Mansfield’s early probing.

United finally threatened on 10 minutes a loose clearance in the Stags box saw Dempster given the ball to Enver-Marum only to see his low shot hit fallen team mate Willock before it could test Marriott.

On 13 minutes Enver-Marum put a dangerous low ball across the box where only Willock was waiting but unable to reach it.

Willock was also just short of reaching the ball as he jumped for a right wing cross by Stone.

A poor ball in the box from Dempster gifted the ball to Enver-Marum who saw his shot deflect wide for a corner at the near post.

Stags had let their early momentum ease off and had allowed the home side into the game.

So it was a relief when on 22 minutes Stags took the lead through goal machine Green.

It was route one stuff, too, as Marriott’s long kick was helped on by Dyer towards Green who lashed a low right-footed finish inside the left post.

A minute later Green went down under challenge from Phipp in the box but again the referee waved play on.

United came close on 27 minutes as Pinney was stronger in the tackle then Murray just outside the box and squared the ball to Enver-Marum for a low shot that Marriott got down to gather.

Ebbsfleet won their second corner of the game on 33 minutes from which Stags broke quickly, Murray finding Roberts whose pass offered Hutchinson a chance that Edwards did well to turn away with a good save.

Edwards was also in he way of a rasping low 20 yard drive from Roberts after Dyer had done well to retrieve a lost cause near the corner flag.

Phipp was also straight at Marriott from 25 yards after Murray had failed to get any distance on a clearance.

But on 38 minutes Roberts doubled Stags’ lead with a high quality finish.

Green and Hutchinson worked the ball to Roberts 20 yards from goal and he made space before rifling in a superb low right-footed finish that gave Edwards no chance.

Mambo was booked for bringing down Roberts 30 yards from goal on 45 minutes which then saw O’Neill curl a free kick over the wall and bar.

In stoppage time Willock wasn’t far away with a surprise half volley from 30 yards when he spotted Marriott off his line.

But Mansfield went into the break with a comfortable and deserved 2-0 advantage.