CML review: Bilsthorpe record is ended

The last unbeaten record in the Black Dragon Badges North Division ended as Bilsthorpe went down 2-1 at home to Newark Town in the Central Midlands League.

By The Newsroom
Wednesday, 19th November 2014, 12:00 pm
GOALCAM -- midfielder Cameron Davidson (left) leads the celebrations with teammates Aaron Evans, Nathan Robinson and Leon Aikman after putting Town in front against Blidworth.
GOALCAM -- midfielder Cameron Davidson (left) leads the celebrations with teammates Aaron Evans, Nathan Robinson and Leon Aikman after putting Town in front against Blidworth.

Mark Carter put the home side in front on 14 minutes but the scores were level three minutes later as Jordan Thomas equalised.

Newark were reduced to 10 men after half an hour, but a second half winner from Ngoni Dongo gave Town a much needed three points.

Thoresby Colliery are level with leaders Clay Cross after a full-blooded local derby at Ollerton Town.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Sam Stretton and Michael Fazakerley put Thoresby two up before Ollerton drew level through Kye Pilmore and Declan Brewin.

Josh Brentnall had the last word for Thoresby, giving them a 3-2 win.

Despite taking a half-time lead through James Whitfield, Glapwell were thankful to Nathan Whitehead’s stunning late strike to earn them a 2-2 draw at Kinsley Boys.

Glapwell had a couple of chances early on but Whitehead saw the ball bobble as he was preparing to shoot as he blazed well over before Lee Naughton also fired over despite having space and time on the edge of the area.

A good move then saw the ball find Callum Dovison at the back post but he dragged his effort just wide of the far post while at the other end a quick break saw Jack Owen in the clear and despite slotting the ball past Ryan Hopkins the danger was cleared by the covering Tom Robley.

However, Glapwell did go into the break in front as Callum Dovison kept the ball alive at the back post and laid the ball back to Nathan Whitehead whose scuffed shot fell perfectly into the path of James Whitfield who finished well into the bottom corner from 12 yards.

Glapwell had chances after half-time to increase their lead but Callum Dovison headed wide and Nathan Whitehead fired over.

Kinsley levelled, though, on 72 minutes when Gareth Lloyd’s floated free-kick found Andy Davis at the back post who brilliantly volleyed into the far corner.

Things soon got worse as the home side turned the game on its head when Jack Owen cut inside from the left and curled a shot into the far corner.

Glapwell responded immediately, though, and got themselves on level terms when Nathan Whitehead fired an unstoppable effort into the top corner from 25 yards.

The final 10 minutes were strongly contested as both sides went in search of a winner but the only real drama was in injury time when both sides were reduced to 10 men as Callum Dovison saw red for Glapwell and Josh Stacey was dismissed for Kinsley in the same incident.

A Tommy Durrant hat trick set Harworth Colliery on the way to a 5-1 defeat of Bentley Colliery, with Billy Ball and Danny Rhodes also on the scoresheet.

Another hat trick hero was Craig Payne, whose goals came in the clash of the bottom two sides Sherwood Colliery and Welbeck.

Payne scored the first three Sherwood goals, Robert Whitmore, Harry Joule and Josh Smythe also netting in a 6-1 win. Welbeck’s reply came through an own goal.

Dan Smith scored twice in Brodsworth Welfare’s 3-1 win over Phoenix. Brodsworth’s third was an own goal, with Rob Gorman the Phoenix marksman.

Dinnington Town were 2-1 winners over Askern, with both of their goals coming from Brad Smith, Askern’s reply from Jason Slew.

The heavy morning rain reduced the fixtures in the Black Dragon Badges South division to four. Clifton All Whites remain second after a 4-2 defeat of struggling Southwell City.

Rob Gill opened the scoring on 12 minutes with Nathan Kelly levelling the scores on 35 before Scott Litchfield restored the advantage on the stroke of half-time.

Kelly equalised again, but goals from Ben Clark and Dave Hawkes tipped the game in the All Whites’ favour.

Belper United got off to a blistering start at home to Real United. Luke Crosby put them ahead after just 45 seconds, Sam Vickers doubling the score in the fourth minute. Ash Dhindsa added another in the second half to make the final score 3-0.

It was goalless at the interval at Harrowby as the Saints took on Linby Colliery, but the second half honours went to the Notts club, Joe Butler with two and Kaylum Mitchell on target for Linby, Gianfranco Ciaurro getting one back for Harrowby.

A goal in each half from Cameron Davidson ensured maximum points for Hucknall Town against Blidworth Welfare.