A warning has been issued after the inside of a house was destroyed in a fire – sparked by a mirror.
Ten firefighters tackled the blaze after reports came in of a large fire burning inside a house.
Emergency responders from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue shared details of the incident on social media, saying the fire was sparked by sun reflected in a mirror.
Now, pictures have been released showing the damage inside the property in Modbury, Devon.
The fire started in the back bedroom of the home and Gerald Taylor, area manager for the service, said the fire was under control just after 8pm.
“Initial cause looks like low evening sun hitting mirror in bedroom and reflected light beam setting curtains on fire. Please think about mirror safety,” said Taylor.
During the incident, several fire engines from all over Devon were used, alongside one aerial platform. No one was injured in the fire.