Washing machine causes flat fire in Mansfield

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a flat today after a washing machine caught fire.

The crews from Mansfield and Ashfield were called to the ground-floor property on Kelstedge Drive.

They got the call at around 11.44am, but the fire was out on arrival. The kitchen of the flat suffered a combination of smoke and fire damage, and the resat of the flat also suffered smoke damage.

The male occupant of the flat was not injured in the incident.

The crews were detained 30 minutes and a used a ventilation fan to help clear the property.