Warsop blaze victims thank community for donations

A WARSOP family have thanked members of the community for helping them after a blaze destroyed the first floor of their home.

Last week, Chad reported that the neighbours of Steve and Sarah Wilkinson, along with their children Craig and Carl, of Ling Crescent, had asked the public for donations of toiletries, money and clothes to help following the accidental fire on 29th January.

And in the past week, more than £1,000-worth of donations have been collected.

Mr Wilkinson said: “We have been so overwhelmed by everyone’s offers of support and donations. We are just so humbled by it all and we want to thank everybody.”

He also thanked the fire service for their rapid response, adding: “We would like to thank the fire brigade for their actions. Warsop was first on the scene and they were absoluetly magnificent.”

Although Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue had previously said that the fire had been caused by a cigarette, Mr Wilkinson has disputed this, saying that no single cause had been established.

On Thursday, a spokeswoman from Nottinghamshire and Rescue said that while a cigarette was likely to be the cause, other causes could not be ruled out.

Anyone who wishes to donate items to the appeal can drop them off at Clumber Pets on Clumber Street, Warsop.