Two people escaped a house fire in Annesley early this morning.
The people fled the house on Byron Road after the alarm was raised at 12.26am.
Three crews were in attendance, two from Ashfield and one from Hucknall.
They used two breathing apparatus, a hose-reel jet and a ventilation fan to clear the building.
A spokesman for the fire service said the incident was cooking related and the occupants had put the fire out before the emergency services arrived. The kitchen area had suffered from smoke damage.
A 40-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and is thought to have been taken to hospital as a precaution, while a 14-year-old boy escaped unharmed.
The house had been fitted with a smoke alarm but it was found that the battery had been removed.