Toaster causes damage at YMCA building

Latest news.
Latest news.

FIREFIGHTERS from Mansfield and Ashfield were called out to a reported kitchen fire yesterday (Monday) at a building on Commercial Gate, Mansfield.

The two crews were called to the scene shortly before 5pm where they used a hose reel and breathing apparatus, a thermal-imaging camera and ventilation fan to clear the YMCA building.

The fire was caused by a toaster being left on and caused smoke damage to the kitchen area.

They left the scene an hour later.