A 25-YEAR-OLD Sutton woman died after taking an overdose of anti-depressant tablets mixed with alcohol, an inquest was told yesterday.
Amy Pietras, of Tudor Street, was discovered by her mother Sandra at her home and taken to King's Mill Hospital where she was pronounced dead on 28th April.
Sandra told the inquest her daughter had taken the anti-depressants Dosulepin during the previous evening and been sick but had not wanted to go to hospital.
Her friend Samantha Waring had been with Amy on 27th April and said she had not tried to harm herself, while Pc Paul Hughes confirmed there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
Amy had problems with her liver and the combination of the tablets and alcohol had a cardiac effect on her heart, the inquest was told.
Recording an open verdict, Nottinghamshire coroner Dr Nigel Chapman said that there was not enough evidence to suggest that Amy had taken her own life and passed on his sympathies to her family.