‘Severe’ fire rages through bathroom at Mansfield house

editorial image

A bathroom was left ‘severely’ damaged by fire at a house in Mansfield.

Firefighters from Blidworth and Mansfield were called to the property on Newark Close at about 1.50pm on Thursday.

Nobody was injured in the blaze and it is understood the cause of the fire was an electrical fault with the shower in the bathroom.

Firefighters have visited residents in the area to offer fire safety advice following the incident.

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) crew manager Gary Morrell, who was incident commander on the scene, said: “This was a severe fire that caused severe damage to the bathroom.

“We sent in two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.”

Crews had left the scene by 2.20pm.

A spokesman for NFRS added: “Since tackling the fire, the crews have done ‘hotspotting’ in the area.

“This is where they go to houses in the area and let residents know that there has been a fire in their neighbourhood and that if they themselves would like any fire safety advice they can get in touch with us.”

For more information about the brigade, visit here.