UK-wide retailer Argos is urging customers not to switch on dehumidifiers bought from its stores over eight years ago, amid fears that the products could catch fire.
Any customers who purchased a particular unit should disconnect it immediately and return it to the store for a full refund, said the high street chain
The chain is asking any customers who purchased one of the units to disconnect it immediately and return it to the store for a full refund.
The specific model affected is the DHMD102 10-litre dehumidifier. Only units sold between June 2006 and December 2008 are affected.
In a statement the retailer said: “We have become aware of a potential safety issue on the dehumidifiers that may cause them to overheat and cause a fire hazard. This recall only affects the products sold between June 2006 and December 2008. If in any doubt please ring the helpline on 0800 389 4039 or 0370 2422993 to obtain advice.
“We advise customers who purchased one of these products to disconnect it immediately and return it to the nearest Argos store for a full refund.
“We strive to provide customer satisfaction and safe quality products at all times and would like to apologise to our customers for any inconvenience that this may have caused.”
Image here - The affected dehumidifier was sold between June 2006 and December 2008