Swimmers were evacuated from the tropical pool at Sherwood Forest’s Centre Parcs on Sunday after smoke was seen issuing from a pump which leads to a small waterfall.
A spokesman said the building was evacuated as part of a precaution and the fire brigade attended the scene but no-one was in any danger.
Speaking on Monday, he said: “It look like it was a machinery failure which we picked up as part of a routine inspection. We expect the waterfall to be working again today.”
A number of comments were posted on Facebook after the incident.
Elizabeth Emma Louise Milbourne said: “We were there but were by the lake watching fireworks so didn’t hear anything until we walked back and everyone was stood outside.
“Then we heard what had happened.”