Chance to have your say on Mansfield planning document
Mansfield residents are encouraged to provide feedback on a document which sets out how the district council will consult on planning matters – such as new policies and applications.
The draft Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) explains:
- why householders should get involved in planning decisions;
- how residents’ involvement makes a difference;
- what householders can expect from the council;
- what the council expects from residents’;
- how folk can still get involved during the Covid-19 pandemic, when opportunities to comment will arise and how they can best make comments;
- what the council does with the comments received and where to go for independent support and information.
The council is holding following drop-in sessions where residents can find out more on Thursday, July 1, from 1pm until 6.30pm at West Gate, by Primark/WHSmith); on Thursday, July 8, from 1pm until 6.30pm, at the car park at The Talbot/Co-op, in Warsop and on Thursday, July 15, from 1pm until 6.30pm, outside the Old Town Hall in Mansfield town centre.
Council chiefs say all events will be held outside in a gazebo – and says face masks should be worn, while hand sanitisers will be available.
They say feedback should preferably be sent electronically via the consultation portal or by email to [email protected].
The consultation period runs until Monday, July 26, and residents can view the document and comment online by visiting www.mansfield.gov.uk/planninginvolvement.
Householders can also view a copy of the document at Mansfield Civic Centre, by appointment only, by calling 01623 463463 – and at every county library in the district during the consultation period.