Crews from Mansfield, Ashfield, Bolsover, Shirebrook, Arnold and the aerial ladder platform from London Road all attended the house fire on Cherry Grove at around 8.24pm on Thursday, December 6.
Two hose reel jets and four breathing apparatus were used.
The fire was caused by an electrical fault which led to significant damage to both the first floor and attic, and it is understood that the woman’s smoke alarm did not sound.
Large fire in Kirkby may have been a 'deliberate or a careless act'
Inclusive cricket club in Mansfield is bowled over by donation
Appeal for help after man attacked with champagne bottle outside Eastwood pub
Memorial bench to honour two much-loved characters in Stanton Hill
Langwith family must raise £46,000 to keep son with health conditions living at home
The 81-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.
The incident had been dealt with by fire fighters at 10.40pm, and the smoke alarm which did not sound was found inside the property.
This led to an appeal from fire service chiefs to always have a working and tested smoke alarm.
A spokesman for Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We advise that you should have a smoke alarm on every level of your property and ensure you test it at least once a month to make sure it is working – it could save your life.”