Pensioner taken to hospital after Pleasley garage fire

A 90-YEAR-OLD man was taken to hospital following a garage fire in the Mansfield area.

Fire crews from Mansfield fire station were called out to the incident on Woburn Place in Radmanthwaite at around 4.40am today (Saturday).

They arrived at the scene to find a garage attached to a property on the street had caught fire.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze and gave first aid to a 90-year-old male casualty.

He was taken to hospital by ambulance for checks.