A NEWSTEAD man died in his own home after drinking too much alcohol, an inquest heard.
Glen Burrows (57), of The Quadrangle, lived with his nephew and was known to be a heavy drinker.
At an inquest held into his death at Nottingham Coroner’s Court, Stephanie Haskey, assistant deputy coroner for Nottinghamshire, said that Mr Burrows had been drinking all day on the day of his death on 22nd July and had remained in bed longer than usual.
He came downstairs in a confused state, lay down on the floor and passed away.
A post mortem found no evidence of cirrhosis of Mr Burrows’ liver, but toxicology reports showed evidence of recent alcohol consumption.
The post mortem results were consistent with potentially fatal alcoholic ketoacidosis and the cause of death was given as toxic alcoholic ketoacidosis.
A verdict of accidental death was recorded by Miss Haskey who said that sadly it appeared that the level of alcohol that Mr Burrows had drank that day had been too much for his body to take.