Man injured by fire starting chemicals

Share this article

A 32-year-old man suffered burns to his face in a fire near a Mansfield Woodhouse pub in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).

The man, from the Ladybrook area, was outside the Anvil Pub, in Portland Street, when the incident happened.

Police were called to the scene by the fire brigade at 1.25am after a container of chemicals, believed to have been used to light a bonfire at the weekend, ignited.

The injured man was taken to King’s Mills Hospital where he was later transferred to the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.

The fire was located on wasteland near the pub’s car park. There was no damage to the building and no one else was injured in the incident.

Police are still investigating the circumstances leading up to the incident. No one else is being sought in connection to it.

Anyone with information about the incident can ring Nottinghamshire Police on 101.