Man given oxygen after kitchen blaze

editorial image

A man needed oxygen treatment after tackling a blaze in a kitchen today (25th June), Derbyshire Fire and Rescue has revealed.

Firefighters from Bolsover and Shirebrook were called to a property in Portland Terrace, Whaley Thorns, Langwith, at around 1.30pm.

The kitchen fire was out when crews arrived at the scene but a man was given oxygen by firefighters at the scene.

An ambulance was also called and smoke alarms were fitted at the property.