Kirkby man died of asbestos exposure

A KIRKBY man who worked as a welding technician and was exposed to asbestos and died of malignant mesothelioma, an inquest was told.

Mr Seagrave (73) had said in a statement in November last year that he came into contact with the deadly substance while working at Nottingham Trent Polytechnic through his protective gloves and the bricks in a kiln which also contained asbestos.

No post-mortem was performed on Mr Seagrave because he was diagnosed with the disease before he died.

He passed away at his home on Abbey Road, Kirkby, on 10thSeptember last year.

Nottinghamshire coroner Mairin Casey recorded a verdict of death by industrial disease.