Jail for pair who fired gun shots in Kirkby

editorial image
Share this article

Two men who fired a shotgun at a door in Kirkby have been jailed.

Nathan Keetch, of Litchfield Road, Sneinton, and Kadeem Graham, of Colwick Road, Sneinton, were convicted of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

The men, aged 20 and 22 respectively, appeared at Nottingham Crown Court today (Monday) where they were sentenced to a total of 13 years in prison.

Just before midnight on 24th February a gun was discharged through a front door into a flat on Glenside where a woman, her partner and two children were inside.

No-one was injured but the gunshot damaged the door and the hallway of the property.

Keetch and Graham both fled the scene in a black Lexus motor vehicle, which was found abandoned on the A60 shortly afterwards.

DNA from a black balaclava found in the car led police to Graham. Further investigations around the pair enabled detectives to link both men to the shooting.

The court heard that the shot was fired following an ongoing argument between Keetch and the victim’s former partner who did not live at the property.

Keetch also pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice after he had asked his step-father Ian Parish to make a false report of theft to the police, alleging the Lexus had been stolen from outside his address.

Parish (44), of Weedon Close, pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice and was sentenced to eight months in prison.

Both Keetch and Graham were sentenced to six years in prison for possession of a firearm. Keetch was also sentenced to one year for dangerous driving, to run consecutively. He was sentenced to eight months for peverting the course of justice to run concurrently.

Temporary Det Insp Rich Monk, of Ashfield CID, said: “This was a very serious crime which served to terrify the victim and her family.

“At no point is there any justification for arming yourself with a gun and the criminal justice system comes down hard on anyone who does.

“Keetch and Graham are now facing lengthy custodial sentences. They showed a complete disregard for the safety of the occupants of the address and it is lucky no one was injured as a result of their actions.

“Despite the web of lies they weaved after fleeing the scene there was no doubt of their whereabouts that night. I am pleased this has resulted in them both now serving a considerable amount of time behind bars.

“This was a complex case with several obstacles to overcome and the sentence reflects the hard work done by the officers involved who have worked tirelessly to bring these people to justice.

“The firearm used is still outstanding and I’d like to use this sentence as an opportunity for anyone who has information about it to come forwards and tell us.”

If you suspect anyone of being involved with illegal firearms call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.