Here are some of the top stories from the Chad this week
Just in case you missed them...
1) Hero Mansfield dad ‘died saving boss’
The heartbroken family of a “selfless” Philip McDonald say he died a hero while saving the life of his boss.
2) Boozy Warsop man rolled car after collision
A dog walker was over the limit when his car hit a lamp post and rolled on to its roof in North Nottinghamsire, a court heard.
3) Man killed in Kirkby crash identified
A man who died following a collision in Kirkby has been formally identified as 27-year-old Scott Wilcox, of Huthwaite.
4) Mental health intensive care unit to close at Sutton Hospital
The future of the psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) at the Millbrook Mental Health Unit, based in the grounds of King’s Mill Hospital, in Sutton, has been under threat in August.
And now papers set to be discussed by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust’s board on Thursday (October 26) revealed a decision has been made the close the unit.
5) Autistic Mansfield teenager wins campaign to reduce speeds on busy A60
The speed limit on a road near Mansfield is being reduced after a campaign by an autistic teenager who was left in a coma after being hit by a car.
Lizzy Heeley,who lives in Mansfield, was hit on the A60, near Harlow Wood and Portland College, on September 28, last year.
6) Inquest hears tragic crash teen died after he may have made an “unexpected U turn”
A teenager who died after his moped collided with a car may have performed an unexpected manouvre in the road, an inquest has heard. Lewis Crouch 16, of the Black Bull pub, Mansfield Woodhouse, was killed after his scooter was in collision with a car on Peafield Lane
7) Mum’s worry over ‘lost’ help
A Kirkby mum has voiced her concern after she says she saw two “lost” ambulances this month which she believes were trying to access her estate.
8) Tragic teen Saffron hanged herself, inquest hears
A young woman found dead in her Mansfield home hanged herself, an inquest has heard.
Saffron Pickering, 17, of Foston Close was found by her partner on Wednesday June 21.