`

Hygiene scare shop reopens

Yummy Chicken and Ribs, Outram Street, Sutton, which has been shut down after hygiene issues.
Yummy Chicken and Ribs, Outram Street, Sutton, which has been shut down after hygiene issues.

A Sutton takeaway has reopened after council inspectors say sufficient improvements have been made following an emergency prohibition order after fears over hygiene issues.

On the evening of Wednesday 11 October 2017 Ashfield District Council Environmental Health Officers carried out a programmed food hygiene inspection at Yummy Chicken & Ribs,Outram Street, Sutton in Ashfield.

Officers found the food handlers food hygiene knowledge was not adequate and that their lack of hygienic processes and procedures for producing and handling food presented a health risk of cross contamination,

Inspectors believed there was an imminent risk to health presented by the food business.

Officers immediately served a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice prohibiting use of the premises as a food business on the business owner.

The business was required to close immediately due to inadequate controls to prevent cross contamination and lack of food hygiene training for food handling staff.

Mansfield Magistrates Court granted a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition order on Monday 16 October 2017 that supported the action taken by the Council’s officers,

The order stated that “A prohibition is imposed on Yummy Foods & Snacks Limited from using the premises at 90 Outram Street, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 4FS any use of the premises, process and equipment for the purpose of any food business.

This Order shall cease to have effect when Ashfield District Council as the enforcement authority issue a certificate to the effect that it is satisfied that Yummy Foods & Snacks Limited has taken sufficient measures to secure that the health risk condition is no longer fulfilled with respect to the food business.”

Following a visit from the Council to assess that sufficient improvements had been made, the take away has now re-opened.