House evacuated after fire caused by tumble drier in Ashfield

Six people were led to safety from a house fore caused by a tumble drier in Ashfield

Thursday, 23rd January 2020, 3:37 pm

Firefighters from Mansfield, Ashfield and Alfteton were called to the blaze on Chatsworth Street Sutton at 23.38 last night (Tuesday January 21)

Six occupants suffered smoke inhalation and received medical attention after they were led to safety by the fire service.

Smoke alarms were fitted by firefighters.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Chatsworth Street.

Nottinghamshire Fire Service has reminded residents to follow tumble dryer safety.

A fire and rescue spokesman said: "Always register a new appliance with the manufacturer. Clean out lint and fluff from the filter and around the door after every use.

"Always allow each drying programme, including the 'cool down cycle', to complete fully."

He added: "Don't leave dryers, dishwashers and washing machines on overnight.

"If possible, unplug or switch off appliances at the socket overnight and when going out to avoid the risk of an electrical fault causing a fire."