Firefighters tackle Shirebrook house blaze

Stock picture.
Stock picture.

A chip pan is thought to have caused a fire at a house in Shirebrook.

Firefighters were called to Alder Close in the town shortly before 2am today.

Upon arrival, they found a fire in the kitchen of a property.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said crews from Shirebrook and Bolsover tackled the blaze, which caused smoke to spread to a neighbouring house.

The spokesman added: "It's believed the fire was started by a chip pan."

Nobody was injured.