Fire call at Langwith home

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called to reports of a house fire in Langwith late last night, Monday 8th April.

The crews from Shirebrook and Bolsover had been alerted to the fire on Mary Street at Whaley Thorns at around 11.24pm, but the crew from Bolsover were stood down after it was discovered to be a chimney fire.

Debris had fallen down the chimney and into the property, prompting the residents to call the emergency services with a house fire.

The crew from Shirebrook used chimney rods and were only detained for a matter of minutes.