Fire breaks out at Mansfield town centre shop

editorial image

A Mansfield town centre shop had to be evacuated today after a blaze broke out.

Shoppers and staff had to leave Paper Kisses on Westgate after an electrical fault in a false ceiling sparked a fire.

Crews from both Mansfield and Ashfield attended the scene shortly after 12.30pm where they were able to put it out using a Co2 extinguisher and two breathing apparatus.

Nobody was hurt and a ventilation fans was used to clear the smoke from the gift and card shop.