Electrical fault blamed for fire at Bolsover house

editorial image
Share this article

AN ELECTRICAL fault is being blamed for a fire in the attic of an empty property in Bolsover.

Crews from Bolsover and Staveley were called to the house on Shuttlewood Road at around 2.30am this morning (Friday, 30th November).

The call was made by a neighbour who thought she could smell smoke and could se a heat haze coming from the roof of the empty house which was being renovated.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went in to tackle the blaze which they were able to bring under control by 4am.

The police were in attendance but it was thought the fire had been accidental.