A large rubbish fire in Rainworth created a plume of smoke that was making its way towards a residential home and a main road.
Firefighters have been tackling the fire on Kirklington Road since 5,40pm yesterday, (Tuesday, September 25) and are now dampening the site down.
Residents were also warned to keep their windows shut due to the large amount of smoke in the area.
Darren Warner, incident commander for Mansfield Fire Station, said: "Our initial concern was the smoke plume making its way across the A617 and towards a residential home in the area, as well as into Rainworth itself.
"Rainworth residents and staff members at the residential home were notified and told to keep windows shut while the fire was contained.
"We secured the perimeter and made it safe to the public before babysitting it until the fire eventually reduced to smoulder."