Dog rescued from Alfreton flat fire

A PERSON needed treatment from an ambulance crew and a dog had to be rescued following a flat fire in Alfreton.

The blaze broke out at a property on King Street at around 3.50pm yesterday (Monday 22nd February).

Fire crews from Alfreton and Ripley were called out and used a hose reel jet and covering jet and wore breathing apparatus.

The occupier of the flat was outside when the fire brigade arrived but an ambulance was called as they were suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

The flat then had to be cleared of smoke using a ventilation fan.