Sutton woman accused ex-partner of child abuse on Facebook
A Sutton woman accused her ex-partner of child abuse when she flouted a restraining order, a court has heard.
Amy Moll was banned from contacting her ex on October 29 last year, after she was convicted of common assault, said prosecutor Sanjay Jerath.
"Since then he has received multiple messages on Facebook. He didn't want to take any action,” he said.
But on May 26, Moll's ex called the police after she accused him of child abuse and fraudulently hacking a Playstation account.
"The complainant states he had to have counselling sessions," Mr Jerath added.
The pair split in 2017, after seven years together, when he started seeing someone else, the court heard. Moll has three previous convictions.
Derek St Delroy Brown, mitigating, said the majority of the messages she sent weren't a breach of the restraining order but she “accepts there are text messages which go outside the scope.”
"It's a really, really sad case,” he said. “There are no winners here. When the relationship broke down, for the first two years everything was fine. But after he got a new girlfriend he lost interest.
"She is left to pick up all the backlog. That has triggered some of the messages.
"Since she spent the night in the police station she has deactivated her account.”
Moll, 30, of Brandreth Avenue, Sutton, admitted harassment and breach of a restraining order, when she appeared at Nottingham Magistrates Court, on May 27.
Sentencing was adjourned for a probation report, and Moll received a 12-month community order with six rehabilitation activity days on Friday.
She was fined £60, with £50 compensation, a £95 surcharge and £85 court costs.