Mansfield man assaulted doorman in bar brawl while he was trying to punch another man

A Mansfield man punched a bouncer as he was being ejected from a Warsop pub after four men attacked him in the toilet, a court heard.

Tuesday, 19th January 2021, 12:30 pm

Kieran Dobb had been drinking in the Talbot pub, in High Street, Warsop with family and friends on August 21 last year, Nottingham Magistrates’ Court was told on Friday, January 15.

Prosecuting, Daniel Pietryka said that the 23-year-old, of Fairfield Close, Nether Langwith, Mansfield, had consumed around seven pints of lager prior to the incident.

He told the court: “There was trouble in the toilet area and a number of individuals had to be taken out of the premises. It involved one of the doorstap and he maintains that he was punched several times in the nasal area and was also dragged to the ground.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Kieran Dobb appeared before Nottingham Magistrates' Court

“There were a number of people involved and the defendant was attempting to fight with another man.

“The defendant had drunk around seven pints of lager and said he could not remember anything else, but when he was shown the CCTV footage, he said he had been trying to hit another male but had hit the member of staff by accident.”

Dobb admitted assault by beating and threatening behaviour when he appeared before the court.

Read More

Read More
Mansfield youth worker punched man unconscious over 'white power' remark before ...

Mitigating, Deborah Bell told the court: “He had been drinking with family and friends in what is his local pub for him, and had had rather a lot to drink and admits being under the influence of alcohol.

“He was assaulted by four other men and he sustained bruising to his cheek and a swollen lip.

“One of the bouncers went to the toilet area and he accepts that he was punched. He didn’t mean to do that, it was in the melle when it happened.

“As a result of being ejected from the pub, he was angry and carried on behaving in an unpleasant manner in the street, but he didn’t go out looking for trouble.”

Magistrates gave Dobb a 12-month community order to include 100 hours of unpaid work, and was ordered to pay £50 in compensation and a £95 victim surcharge.

A 30-year-old Warsop man was also due to be sentenced for his involvement in the incident, but failed to attend court and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Editor’s message: In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Nancy Fielder, editor.