Jarvis Cocker, CBeebies Mr Bloom, Robbie Savage and Simon Mayo all line up for Radio 5 Live in South Yorkshire
In partnership with BBC Radio Sheffield, 5 Live will present an eclectic mix of programming including Your Call With Nicky Campbell, Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode’s Film Review with Shane Meadows (This is England), 606 with Mark Chapman and Robbie Savage and 7 Day Sunday with Al Murray. They will be joined by a host of well-known guests including Sheffield’s Jarvis Cocker who will be Richard Bacon’s special guest on Thursday afternoon.
Sheffield Theatres also welcomes CBeebies’ Mr Bloom to the Lyceum on Saturday 13 October ahead of his appearance as Dandini in this year’s family pantomime, Cinderella. Families will have the opportunity to watch a free live performance given by Mr Bloom and his Veggies as well as take part in a host of fun activities for children.
Other festival highlights include:
* South Yorkshire poet, journalist, playwright and broadcaster, Ian McMillan, presents Radio 3’s The Verb on the Studio stage. Guests include Charlie Higson (The Fast Show), writer Blake Morrison (And When Did You Last See Your Father?, Things My Mother Never Told Me) and poets Luke Wright and Helen Mort (Thursday, 11.30am).
* Pulp front man and BBC 6music presenter, Jarvis Cocker, will join Richard Bacon for his Thursday afternoon programme at the Crucible Theatre to discuss his home city of Sheffield and the influences on his career (2.00pm).
* Steve Lamacq welcomes Richard Bacon and other special guests as part of a panel chatting about the latest new releases in Round Table live at the Studio Theatre (Thursday, 4pm).
* Mayo and Kermode take to the Crucible stage on Friday to review this week’s movies, alongside special guest, Shane Meadows (Friday, 2pm).
* Robbie Savage rounds off the festival on Saturday with a special Octoberfest edition of 5 Live’s original and best football phone-in, 606, at the Crucible Theatre from 6pm.
Tickets for BBC Radio 5 Live’s Octoberfest are free and can be purchased from Sheffield Theatres