AFC Mansfield top of table after demolition

AFC Mansfield surged back to the top of the league in impressive style with a 6-0 win at Kinsley Boys.

‘The Bulls’ made their intentions clear in the first 10 minutes when Callum Green fired wide on seven minutes and Joe Naylor headed over from a Mark Carter cross on nine minutes as the Mansfield side took the game to their hosts.

On 12 minutes the visitors took the lead when Joe Naylor sent Green clear to fire past Andrew Joburns.

The roles were reversed five minutes later when Green turned provider for Naylor to volley past the stranded keeper to double the lead.

The third goal came on the half hour mark when Phil Buxton slotted home after a flowing move involving Green and Carter.

Kinsley player/manager Craig Rouse should have pulled a goal back for the home side on 35 minutes.

He raced into the box, with a suspicion of offside and fired his effort at Dale Sheppard. The keeper saved but the ball spun into the path of Jack Owen who somehow managed to hit the bar from five yards.

Carter then found the net with a volley on 65 minutes after Danny Naylor’s shot had been tipped on to the bar to make it 4-0.

Kinsley’s fragile discipline eventually left them and two players were dismissed after referee Rob Rees decided that the constant questioning and abuse of himself and his assistants had gone over the top.

AFC lost a player themselves when captain Chris Timons dismissed for a strong challenge on the half way line.

‘The Bulls’ made it 5 on 75 minutes when Sam Holmes who drilled the ball into the far corner after Carter’s shot had been saved

Carter saw another effort beaten away by Joburns as he looked for another goal. Green was also thwarted on 78 minutes by the ex Hemsworth MW keeper who probably kept the score under double figures on the day.

Youngster Connor Phillips on as a substitute for his first senior appearance threaded the ball through to Carter, his pull back found Green who took his time before driving the ball into the net from 10 yards.

‘The Bulls’ travel to Mickleover Royals on Wednesday for their 2nd round League Cup fixture and then face Sherwood Colliery next Saturday at Manor

Kinsley Boys: Joburns, Rollinson Co, Howe, Lockwood, Lafferty (c), Jennings, Redford, Hunter, Owen (Day 55), Rouse, Gorner, Subs not used: Hulme, Rollinson Ca, Bennett & Appleton.

AFC Mansfield: Sheppard, McGurk (Birch 75), Tighe (Phillips 75), Holmes, Timons (c), Naylor D, Cantrell (Brewin 28), Buxton, Naylor J, Green, Carter. Subs not used: Meehan & Rodger.

Referee: Mr Rob Rees

Assistants: Mr Phil Holmes & Mr Liam Bird

Man of the Match: Mark Carter