Mansfield Town have denied rumours that winger Sam Clucas is in talks with Leyton Orient over a potential move.
Reports circulating in the media this morning suggested Clucas was discussing personal terms with the League One side after Stags had accepted a bid for their highly-rated winger.
But a spokesman for Mansfield Town told Chad: “On the contrary to reports this morning elsewhere in the media, Mansfield Town Football Club can confirm that we have not received a bid from Leyton Orient for Sam Clucas.”
Earlier in the week Stags confirmed they had turned down a bid for the highly-rated winger from an unnamed League One side, along with a separate offer for Ryan Tafazolli.
Clucas, who joined from Hereford United, was Mansfield Town’s top scorer with 13 goals last season.
Following Tuesday’s bids, boss Paul Cox said: “In football everyone has a price as does everyone in life. But we don’t want to lose our best players from this football club and I am not just going to give players away.
“I can’t stop people bidding for my players. I take it as a positive and it excites me a bit that we have two young players who are being coveted by clubs from higher divisions.
“But we won’t just roll over. If players move on then we want to be properly compensated. I have got to do the best for this football club and, at the moment, the offers are a million miles away from where we value the players.
“Sam has been brilliant and a dream to work with since he’s been here. He listens and learns and his game has come on leaps and bounds. He can go to the very top.”