Van goes up in flames after microwave oven fault

This is the scene of destruction after a van caught fire.
This is the scene of destruction after a van caught fire.
0
Have your say

This is the scene of a verocious fire which destroyed a Network Rail vehicle this morning.

The van burst into flames this morning as the occupants were driving through Mansfield, believed to be caused by an electrical fault with a microwave oven they kept in the back according to Network Rail.

It is believed the fire spread after an electrical fault caused a microwave oven to set alight.

It is believed the fire spread after an electrical fault caused a microwave oven to set alight.

The driver had to jump from the cabin and could only watch as the van went up in flames early today (Monday, June 27).

"That's my baby," said David, an employee of Network Rail. "That van gets me to work in the morning."

"We were just sitting in there and smelled smoke so we had to jump out and could just watch.

After being collected by a breakdown service firefighters had to be called again to the scene as the van started smouldering around the battery.

Firefighters attended the scene after extinguishing the fire as it started to re-smoulder.

Firefighters attended the scene after extinguishing the fire as it started to re-smoulder.

No one was injured.

Network Rail was not available for comment.

David, an employee of Network Rail said the van was his "baby".

David, an employee of Network Rail said the van was his "baby".

The incident occurred near Southwell Road W this morning (June 27)

The incident occurred near Southwell Road W this morning (June 27)