Tumble drier fires warning

HOUSEHOLDERS using tumble dryers are being warned to make sure they are properly maintained, following two house fires in the county.

One machine was found to be faulty, and the other fire started because the machine was clogged with lint.

Now Nottinghamshire firefighters are advising householders to take care when using dryers to reduce the risk of fire.

More information about keeping safe at home can be found on the Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service website – www.notts-fire.gov.uk .