Person taken to hospital after Shirebrook flat fire

0
Have your say

ONE person has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a Shirebrook town centre flat.

Firefighters were called to Victoria Street at around 12.50am today (Saturday 4th August) following reports that people were trapped in a flat which was on fire.

When crews arrived at the scene, the two-storey flat was well alight, with the fire located in the first floor.

All persons who had been in the property were accounted for, with one person jumping out of a first floor window to escape.

Firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze and were detained at the scene until 2.30am.

The police and ambulance were also in attendance.