Nottinghamshire firefighter says sprinkler systems should be mandatory
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE’S top firefighter has called for automatic sprinklers to be made compulsory in all new homes to save lives.
Chief Fire Officer Frank Swann says the number of people who die or are injured in house fires will be significantly reduced if automatic fire protection sprinkler protection systems are fitted as standard.
He said: “It’s like having a firefighter ready and waiting in every room of the house.
“No-one has ever died in a fire when their home was fitted with a sprinkler system.”
To sign a petition calling for a Parliamentary debate to be held on the issue visit http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/4409.
- Stags star Matt Green on trial at Birmingham City, and Luke Jones may join League One club
- Mansfield Town coup as they sign Fleetwood ace Jamie McGuire
- Witnesses sought for Sutton Lawn assault
- Teenage motorcyclist injured in Mansfield town centre collision
- Confidential case file ‘given to wrong family’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east