Mansfield Woodhouse man Lee Coates bit off more than he could chew during a lunchtime work snack - literally.
The father-of-one, 41, said he was just about to swallow the last bite of a sausage roll when he bit into a something which looked like a human tooth.
Said Lee: “I showed it to the other two lads at work and they could not believe it.
“I thought if this is a human tooth then there is something really wrong.”
Lee’s wife, Michelle, took the specimen to Mansfield Woodhouse’s Morrisons store and was told it would be sent for analysis and the company would be in touch.
But when Mrs Coates returned to the store two weeks later after not hearing anything she was offered a free packet of sausage rolls.
The Mansfield Woodhouse man added: “I would like to know what they are going to do about this.
“If they could just let us know they are dealing with it that would be something but to not let us know is terrible.”
“If a child had bitten into the sausage roll they could have choked an died.
A Morrisons spokesman said the item had been analysed and was in fact a bone, not a tooth.
He added: “We have written a letter to Ms Coates and will be giving our view privately.”