Warsop drink driver hit lamp post to miss bird
A WARSOP man was caught drink driving after crashing into a lamp post when swerving to miss a pheasant, a court was told.
Dani Hague, of Woodland Grove, was breathalysed by police following the incident on 30th November and gave a reading of 75mcg in 100ml of breath.The legal limit is 35mcg.
In interview the 27-year-old told officers he was driving along Netherfield Lane at about 45mph and crashed into a lamp post to avoid a pheasant in the road.
Magistrates were told Hague had drunk four pints of lager mixed with cider.
The bench gave him a 20 month ban which will reduce by a third if he completes a drink drivers course.
He was fined £250 ordered to pay £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
- Your A-Z guide for things to do this Easter
- Matlock Town 1 Mansfield Town 2, 6th August 2007
- Two more changes for Mansfield Town at Barrow
- Mansfield man found guilty of GBH with intent after Stag and Pheasant glassing incident
- Stags continue title chase with home clash against managerless Macclesfield Town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: South west