Mansfield DJ handled stolen speakers
AMPLIFIERS stolen in a raid on a disc-jockey’s lock-up premises were later spotted for sale on Ebay, a court was told.
The victim of the June burglary was called by a friend to say the speakers were on sale online. Police visited Joseph Calladine - also a DJ - on 18th July and recovered them.
He denied any knowledge of the burglary and there was no evidence to link him to it, prosecutor Becky Mahon told Chesterfield magistrates.
Calladine (25), of Wood Street, Mansfield, told police he was in a car park when a driver stopped and asked if he wanted to buy some DJ equipment.
In mitigation, Annette Thomas said he had tried to contact the people who sold them to him to say they were fakes.He admitted possessing criminal property and sentencing was adjourned to 26th September.
- Stags star Matt Green on trial at Birmingham City, and Luke Jones may join League One club
- Mansfield Town coup as they sign Fleetwood ace Jamie McGuire
- Witnesses sought for Sutton Lawn assault
- Teenage motorcyclist injured in Mansfield town centre collision
- Confidential case file ‘given to wrong family’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east