DCSIMG

Lindhurst judicial review thrown out

editorial image

editorial image

The Administrative Court in London today (Thursday) dismissed a request for permission to judicially review a decision made by Mansfield District Council to grant outline planning permission for the Lindhurst development.

Mr Justice Phillips rejected the appeal by a local resident opposed to the planning application, who claimed that the council planning committee’s decision on the £250m development was unlawful.

The appeal was dismissed for the second time following the hearing on 25 February as the judge said that there was no arguable case for judicial review.

The Planning Committee reached a resolution to grant outline planning permission for the Lindhurst Group’s development of 169 hectares (417 acres) of land off the A617 Mansfield and Ashfield Regeneration Route on 12th July 2011, subject to a Section 106 agreement. The decision notice was then signed on 17th April last year.

The proposal includes the development of up to 1,700 new homes, as well as a new primary school, doctors’ surgery, community centre, park and space for retail and business use.

The Secretary of State upheld the Planning Committee’s decision on 29th November 2011 and a judicial review paper application had already been dismissed in October last year.

Tony Egginton, Executive Mayor of Mansfield, said: “The Council is pleased with the outcome of the appeal.

“I look forward to seeing the plans become a reality. The Lindhurst development will provide much needed high quality family homes and up to 4,000 jobs for local people.

“Investment of this scale within our district is vital for the growth and prosperity of our area.”

The developers will now have to submit an application for reserved matters, which will provide more information about the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of the development.

Work is then expected to begin on the site in 2015.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page