Kirkby mum of 1lb baby is nominated for award
A KIRKBY mum who had to wait three weeks before she could cuddle her premature baby has been nominated for a special award.
Baby Ebony Stinson’s amazing survival story featured in Chad earlier this month.
Ebony was born by emergency caesarean section at 26 weeks and weighing just 1lb after her mum Heidi Livesey developed complications with her pregnancy caused by pre-eclampsia.
Now proud dad Craig Stinson, Heidi’s fiance, has put her forward for an award celebrating their achievement.
Baby’s charity Tommy’s holds an awards night every year to recognise those people who have overcome a tough pregnancy-related experience.
Heidi (34) is up for the Tommy’s & Forever Friends ‘First Hug Award’, which celebrates the most precious first hug given to a little one born too soon.
Craig (36) said of the hug: “It was without doubt one of the most moving moments of my life. I couldn’t help but feel the tears roll down my face.”
- Stags star Matt Green on trial at Birmingham City, and Luke Jones may join League One club
- Mansfield Town coup as they sign Fleetwood ace Jamie McGuire
- Witnesses sought for Sutton Lawn assault
- Teenage motorcyclist injured in Mansfield town centre collision
- Confidential case file ‘given to wrong family’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North